Friday, May 4, 2012

My video card displays vertical lines on boot up, then cuts to black. Whats wrong with my video card?

I have a Radeon 7000 w/ 64mb in my computer. I just took it into be repaired, when it went in it was working just fine, and now on boot up it has vertical lines cutting through it, and after the boot up it just cuts out to a black screen. Is there anything I can do to try and fix it, or does it sound like a permanent problem?|||Your information, on the Lines and black screen, indicates that the Card has a fault in a CHIP on it that controls COLOR

settings..It CANT be repaired. SORRY, but any Tech. will tell you this.

BUT, whats it caused BY?

Its caused by the PC being switched on and the Card was NOT sitting in the slot correctly and may have 'arced" in the slot. (**and what I say below)

Sometimes" though, you MIGHT have LUCK. See if the card is CURRENTLY sitting in the slot FULLY, it might be possible its not connecting correctly in the slot.

The "Lines" info is the giveway..Its the REAL indication that the Card has "gone" Whose fault?

Try going back to the Repairer, however RADEON cards do

break down, mostly if subjected to **Static electricity..

incorrect handling.(sweaty hands,touching metal or other cards etc. etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment