Sunday, May 6, 2012

Laptop repair or replace?

I have a Toshiba Qomsio X305-Q701. The laptop ran great with games for at least 10 months. Then I started getting these black screen crashes.

I have narrowed the problem down to video card (not driver), which requires that I have a new motherboard with an integrated video card put in. That itself costing about $400. Im not sure of the additional repair cost.



Is it really cheaper to get a new laptop or PC? Or is getting it repaired a good idea? I really enjoyed this laptop for months, until the problem started.



I know for a fact that laptops arent the top gaming machines. But Im also looking for something under or near $1,000. but I would prefer less, if repairing what I have is better.



One thing is for sure. If I got a desktop instead, I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers from my last gaming pc that failed. Though that one lasted just less than 2 years. And it was supposed to be a great gaming desktop. I got it form CyberPowerPC.

I mean, do any gaming computers ever last more than 2 years? LOL|||The logical thing to do is replace

you have another option.

you can buy a new system and keep your old

hard disk .|||In my experience, if you're a full gaming head, like I am, a Laptop shouldn't be your chose of Computer.



I would recommend replace, if you're sticking with a Laptop. However, if you're thinking of a Desktop PC, I would build one from scratch. Get a nice 1TB HDD, DVD+DL RW Drive, nice 2.6 Quad Core Processor and an ASRock Motherboard. That's what I've got. I have a mean Graphics Card that came with the Motherboard.



Oh boy, the Joy this system has brought me. - and continue to bring me for the next several years.



It costs me £300 to build an amazing PC from aria.co.uk. As you can understand I don't understand the US Market for Computer Parts, but I think you'll be looking at around $550 to build a nice little machine.



Most retail Processors comes with the Heatsink etc, and most Motherboard (designed for gaming), will come with a pre-installed, awesome Graphics/Video Card.



Or, I might be just a lucky one.



Hope that helps.|||it seems to be a good laptop ,some game might not run on it,really unless you invest into a 3 or 4000 dollar laptop these are good for gaming

alienware is one though people talk bad about them, go with the warranty coverage and check the specs out on the games that you play|||If it is genuinely less than one year old, your warranty should give you a completely free repair|||It should have atleast gotten a 1 year guarantee. So you should be able, like JIM said to get a full repair/replacement/money replacement for your gaming computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment