Friday, May 4, 2012

How do I install this video card?

I needed helped installing a video card. I'm certainly not a novice but not a qualified IT pro either. I have this fear my motherboard is going to fail and I'm going to have to send it in for repairs again.



I'm trying to install this - http://www.sparkle.com.tw/product_detail…



Into this - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/produ…



The computer isn't stock. It has added RAM (currently 1GB), and a 400-Watt PSU that I replaced for the old 250-Watt (I think) one.



I was primarily unsure what to do about the current on-board graphics card drivers, and how to make sure they don't get in the way of the cards, etc.



Please provide step-by-step instructions. Thanks for your help!|||You simply need to turn off the comp, open the side panel and istall the card in an empty pci slot. Plug your monitor into that card and then restart. When the comp boots it will find the newly installed hardware and ask where to look for the driver. Put in the Driver CD and wala. It wont mess with your onboard drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment