Sunday, May 6, 2012

Graphic Card Storage?

I bought a PCI-Express Video card from a friend before I knew anything about them and about my motherboard slots and it results that my motherboard doesn't have PCI-E slots :(. Another friend who independently builds and repairs computers told me it was a good video card and to store it somewhere for future use but to seal it somehow so humidity can’t damage it. I live in a country with tropical weather, so humidity IS a problem I need to solve since I want to sell it later for money for a new PC.

Any suggestions as to how to properly protect it from humidity and other hazards that might damage its functionality? Maybe put it in a plastic bag and suck all the air out?|||seal it in a special non static bag, you might have to buy them off the internet, pc components come in them usually and that would work fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment