Monday, May 7, 2012

Can a virus damage a video card?

I have had the worst day possible. My laptop that is over 3 years old had the video die on it. When I started up my laptop it gets to the XP loading bar before the login screen and dies. The screen goes black and I can't see anything. I restored the computer with the recovery CD's and still have the same problem.



I am also having a similar problem on my desktop. This computer is used very rarely (once a month is rare for it). It worked fine last night, but when I turned it on this morning it has a series of yellow bars that go across the screen horizontally and vertically. The color of the items on webpages are fine but it seems like the bars are overlaying the screen.



Both computers are connected to the same wireless network. The desktop is hard wired into the wireless router while the laptop works through wifi. There are 2 other laptops that use this connection that have shown no problems. Is this an isolated incident or should I have the video cards looked at on them? I know the laptop is out of warranty and fear that the repairs would cost more than a new computer.|||Yes it can.If your video card have damaged,diskgetor can help you to recover the lost data.|||i would try and start it in safe mode, and run some virus scans, antimalware scans, etc. push F6 during the start up and start in safe mode with networking.|||video card, install the drivers with the cd it came with|||Although it is possible, there aren't any virus's that cause permanent damage to video cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment