Friday, May 4, 2012

I need help comparing video cards before I purchase a new one.?

Ok, so I've been having a lot of problems with my video card (you might have seen another recent question of mine regarding it...). The card is an Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX. It's supposed to be really good, and it was when it worked, but after just over a year and a half of running perfectly, it has broken somehow. Getting it repaired would cost me more than it would to buy a new one, so obviously I'm just going to buy a new graphics card.

I'm really hesitant to buy it from Nvidia again, after this thing that happened with my current card. Instead, I'm looking towards other graphics card manufacturers for my purchase.

I know of a company called ATI, but I'm not familiar with their graphics cards. Are they any good? Which card is their latest?



Any other info you think I should know would be greatly appreciated. I'm just now starting to look around, so feel free to recommend anything. And if you think I'm making a mistake by straying away from Nvidia, tell me! I just want to be convinced.|||I just recently upgraded my PC.



I was an avid fans of Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti (those were the days) till it broke down after 3 years of usage.



Thinking of embarking into something new I tried ATI but to my horror it's nothing close to my GeForce 4Ti and performance is really horrible.



Without thinking of letting it break I decided to change back to Nvidia and boy I am grateful. It's working in tip top condition now.



I bought a GeForce 8800GTS 320 MB as I was on a budget constraint as well. However, if you are limited because of your budget constraint till a point you can only get a 8500, SKIP IT, save a few more months and get AT LEAST a 8600.



You will see why after you visited all the links provided by the previous answerer.



Hope you find your VGA card soon! PLAY HARD!



Oh yeah, I got myself 8800GTS from MSI. From my research it seems like ASUS and XFX ain't that bad either.|||Check out this site - lists just about all the video cards and comparisons:



http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/09/t…|||get the nVidia 7950GTX







ALSO, what brand card was it, i mean how made it, because you have ATI and nVidia. OK, those are the makers or the gpu, BUT then places like MSI, Asus, Biostar makes the video card, So dont blame nVidia, blame the actual card maker.





I have had ATI a few times, and it was horrible + nVidia has more features.

No comments:

Post a Comment