Friday, May 4, 2012

so my video card still doesnt wanna work?

so i bought the nvidia 9800gt 2 days ago and well i found out i neede a new power source .... ok no biggie so i upgraded from a 300W to a 650W source



now i got the powe source working got the vidoe card plugged in and to my surprise the damb thing is still undetectable



its a pci express card



i already changed the setting in my bios to check the PCI slots first but it still goes to the onboard video card



what should i do



i dont wanna take it to a repair shop just so they can tell me ohh blah blh blah and charge me up the ***



but im thinking about it



help



computer is a HP a1710n



upgraded features



new power source 650W

new video card 9800gt geforce

and 3 Gig ram

|||If you plugged your video card into the old PSU of 300W, then you've fried the card. It's OHMs law (resistance) -- I'd send it off for an RMA or exchange.|||Right-click on My Computer and hit properties, go to the hardware tab, and open the device manager. Look under display adapters to see if your computer detects the card at all. If it does, just enable it by right-clicking on the desktop, going to properties, click on the far-right tab, and selecting it as your video card. If it's not in device manager, it could be a faulty card (or slot on the motherboard).|||go to your bios and set it to PCI-E or pci-express,but not PCI otherwise the bios will only detect any PCI gfx cards on the first PCI slot which is not what you're supposed to do and furthermore what PSU(power supply unit) did you buy, a cheap nonbranded 1KW PSU is worthless as because it will have a maximum of 18a on the 12v raild and dont even get me started on the design|||did you run the software after plugging it in,the driver software,this what i did disable my on board graphics through device manager,turn off ,plug in my video card,restart,cancel found new hardware,ran my driver software,make sure direct x has the latest

updates , config my display settings,went to the nvidia website for the latest updates .|||Look at the products' manual carefully and find out.|||don't know too much bout computers but don't you have to disable the other card first.



idk.. jus a suggestion..

No comments:

Post a Comment