Friday, May 4, 2012

$50 for a diagnostic at a computer repair shop, rip off or no?

I've been having problems with my laptop and told them what the issue was and they said they think its my video card (which ive been suspecting too) and to find out for sure they'll do a diagnostic for $50.



I've never taken anything to a repair place before so I dunno if thats a good price or not.|||if you have no friends to diagnose and you dont want to learn yourself, its a decent price..



for that money, you might just buy a new video card and install it yourself. Very simple!|||Sounds a little pricey to me. I don't know a whole lot about computers but will tackle most stuff on my own cuz I think most people want to rip ya off. How long did it take them to diagnose it? I am guessing they should have been able to diagnose it in at least 1/2 hour, so that means you probably paid around $100 and hour for just diagnosing a problem. Sounds pricey to me. they will charge it as long as people will pay it.|||Considering these peep pay taxes, bills, insurance, rent, etc.....they offer their time to help you, they should get paid dont ya think? 50 bucks isnt a bad price considering most shops are 60 or higher. Either learn how to do it yourself or pay the 50|||For just a diagnostic, I think it may be a little pricey, since they would just tell you what's wrong with it but wouldn't do a damn to fix it.



I suggest looking around more.|||Actually that is cheap to diagnose a laptop. It is usually $100 to 150. I am a certified tech and I would charge more than $50.|||I'm in the computer repair business and I charge $65.00. I am the cheapest tech around the Oswego, IL area. So that sounds like a fair price to me.|||yeah, guy down the street from me does it for 35 though, check around , there might be someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment