Sunday, May 6, 2012

LCD not going into power standby mode?

I purchaed a new KDS LCD display and I cannot get this thing to go into standby (orange) mode. I have triple checked the BIOS settings and have DPMS support enabled. I have also checked the Power Management Options in XP and have the screensaver set to come on in 2 minutes as the "blank screen" and the Shut Off Monitor to come on in 15 minutes. The screensaver works, but 13 minutes later, no standby!! Im at a loss, an I own my own computer repair business, LoL.

I have the Sapphire x1800XT PCI express video card and the standby did work with my Viewsonic CRT monitor. Also the newest ATI 7.7 Catalyst drivers Help!!!|||What happens if you connect the monitor to a PC that is off?



If that gets you into power management mode on the monitor then I would suspect that it is your system.



If the monitor stays active for more than a few seconds connected to an off PC then it is defective.

No comments:

Post a Comment