Sunday, May 6, 2012

Anybody know how to do a repair on an IBM ThinkPad?

My T43 IBM ThinkPad dropped for the desk and now the monitor looks like a photo negative. I hooked up an external monitor to it and that works fine, which tells me that something got knocked loose between the video card and the monitor. I have never, ever taken apart a laptop before and I don't know what to do. I tried to find the instructions that I need but couldn't find anything on this topic. Can someone please help me? What do I need to do?|||Try this site the guy has a complete tutorial on a teardown of a thinkpad T43 to repair the monitor. http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-rep…|||The problem could be simply a loose cable, or you might have broken the display, and/or the backlight.



But unless you have some familiarity with fixing electronics, or unless you are willing to risk destroying your laptop to learn something about fixing electronics, your best bet is to bring your laptop to a local computer repair place, and let them deal with it - laptops are NOT easy to fix by "do it yourself-ers".



Try to find a small independent repair place, not a big chain like best buy or radio shack. You'll probably pay less and be less likely to get scr***d.

No comments:

Post a Comment