Sunday, May 6, 2012

How To Repair a video card error "The device cannot start. Code 10"?

After installing a driver for the Geforce4 GX 4000, i checked the device manager to make sure it had installed right, but there was a problem. There was a yellow exclamation mark next to the name of the driver, and after checking the properties it came up with the error "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Does anyone know how to fix this!? Also, my operating system is Windows XP Pro if that helps.|||Go to this site and download and install the manufacturers driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93…|||Why don't you rollback the driver? Or, you can do a system restore to a date before you installed the driver. If you have only just installed the video card, try removing it from the motherboard and then put in back in its slot, making sure the card is seated correctly.



When I changed my video card, the video works but my sound was lost. Then I discovered I had to change my sound device in BIOS from 'Auto' to ''Enabled' to get back the sound. Even the computer shop techie never thought of that.



Your problem may be different though. You will have to be savvy enough to change the BIOS settings because a wrong setting may make the matter worse.|||yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment