Friday, May 4, 2012

Does this sound like Red Green computer repair?

The fan on my video card quit working causing it to overheat so I took off the fan and replaced it with a cpu fan from a pentium 2. I duct taped the cpu fan onto the video card being careful not restrict air flow and utilize as little space on the board as possible.

I am going to buy a new video card but this works. The board is plenty cool this fan though the same width blows far more air. The cpu fan is louder but once i have the case together I can not hear the fans anyway.|||I don't know...sounds a little lightweight. Instead of putting that old refrigerator with a cold water dispenser in the garage you could probably hook it up through a garden hose and have a water cooled video card. Still not quite Red Green but closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment