Sunday, May 6, 2012

What's the cost of a Video Card repair?

My moniter says "no signal" even though my computer is on. I checked to make sure my moniter and its cord are still working by plugging them into another computer. After doing research online, I came to the conclusion that its my video card... or atleast i hope. So, how much does that type of thing cost? I'm working on a tight budget, so any helpful hints would be appreciated.|||With no info on your specific computer or OS. A cheap video card starts at about $50.



Good Luck|||You don't repair it.. you replace it. However, if the only symptom you're getting is "no signal" then I think it's more likely your motherboard than your video card. It's extremely rare for a video card to just spontaneously stop working completely. Usually they start degrading and will have graphical artifacts, but they won't just stop sending signal. It's far more likely the motherboard crapped out and that your computer just isn't POSTing.|||It is not cost-effective to repair a video card. You can always buy a new one for less than the cost of fixing one. That said, before buying a new one make sure that the card is seated in the PCI/AGP slot properly. It may have come loose and that would result in the "no signal".|||free fix see link

No comments:

Post a Comment