Monday, May 7, 2012

I NEED a standard vga driver so I can install my catalyst software for video card. Anyone help me? Please!?

I have a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP video card. Recently my drivers got f'ked up and I tried reinstalling my video card drivers (catalyst software) and it fails saying I need standard VGA drivers first. Well I want to repair the install but can't because the disc isn't working. I can't find a download on the net (doesn't exist), Microsoft and ATI refuse to acknowledge the problem.



SOO.. my last two options are find an older version of catalyst, say v 4.11 ? (which is becoming hard to do) OR try and steal the drivers from another Windows install (which hasn't worked yet).|||U must hav been trying to install Catalyst Control Panel but u can install it with out the driver. Remember the driver and Catalyst control panel uses two different setup files, u can install them seperately if u want, so u must hav removed or deleted the installation files of the driver. Go to ( http://www.ati.com ) and download the latest driver for the agp and install. It has the standard driver with it.



Neo|||When you're in Device Manager, expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card and choose properties. Then go to the Driver tab and choose "Update Driver" at the bottom. When it asks to Search or Display, choose Display and browse through the included Windows Drivers. VGA is a standard driver and comes with Windows, there is nothing to Download.|||New Solution:



http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.p…



ATI Catalyst Uninstall and Troubleshooting Guide.

It mentions several solutions to your "Standard VGA driver Problem"|||The trick is to goto Control Panel> system> Hardware>device manger>display driver>Driver> uninstall



or use addremove program and uninstall the driver.

When PC restarts , it should not recognise the 9550 and show as STANDARD VGA CARD. then you may try reinstalling the driver.|||next time you should read the docs/readme throughly..

it is said that.. u should uninstall the old driver before upgrade to new driver..



find the ati uninstall tool on the control panel..

unintall it properly, then restart..

then obviously.. :) you can install the new driver :)



have a nice play..



dont forget to give the best credit if its work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment