Sunday, May 6, 2012

Does HP owe me a video card?

I installed a Geforce 9500 into a HP pavilion I purchased and the whole thing ran perfectly for over 6 months.

than I sent it in to have a IO port repaired and when it came back my video card was malfunctioning

I called the company (HP) and was told it would be replaced, so I sent it back in and when I got it back there was no card in my PC



When I called them again I was told they don't repair third party.

the also said it should have been removed the first time even though I was told by the agent to leave it in.



Do they owe me a card?

reimbursement?



does the fact that they removed the card and sent the case back empty constitute theft?



Help please it was expensive.|||Yes, they owe you a replacement unless they can return the one they took from you. Good luck getting them to acknowledge that, though. I'd consult with an attorney.|||Well maybe when you installed the card in your laptop you kind of voided the warranty that was on the laptop so instead of refusing to fix your computer all together the simply removed it. Like if you put a liquid cooling system in you xbox 360 and then it gets the red ring of death Microsoft will refuse to repair because you opened their console and tampered with it. However they had no right to keep the card or throw it away. Anyways I would call the company you got the card from and tell them that if malfunctioned because video cards and graphic cards usually have a good warranty on them

No comments:

Post a Comment