Monday, May 7, 2012

My Video card manufacturer is refusing to return/repair my card?

Okay..So I bought a video card from amazon for $99 on October 2010, it was a low profile Sparkle gforce 9800 GT, 6 months later and it stops working! Sparkle offers 3 year warranty and accepted the RMA ..so I send the card in and weeks later they return me a totally different card that is a desktop size and only worth $50, btw my geforce 9800 gt went from $99 to $200 just right after I bought it.

So I contacted Sparkle and they realized the mistake they made and offered free return shipping, so a week or so later I get another card from them and its STILL not the right one!!!

They sent me a low profile GTS 250 (I heard its better than my 9800) along with a free gift of apology, but here is the problem, I am using a linux system that was designed with only a few video cards in mind, so the drivers for the 250 is not in there and am not a Linux expert.

So I contacted them back and asked them politely if they could just see if they have my original card in stock cuz the new one is very dim on my screen(I looked it up and its a driver issue). I emailed them last Friday (4 days ago) but No response on their side so I sent another email one this morning but they are still NOT responding.

What the heck should I do now?

This video card they sent me is only worth $150 so its nothing compared to my original card that is worth $200 now, so if I sell it I wont be able to make the money to cover for the one I want.

Any Idea what I should do|||What kind of AGP support does my video/graphics card need? ..... Note that the video/graphics card manufacturer, ATI, which was purchased by AMD, is now called AMD. ..... "Incorrect AGP Card" turns on, and the system refuses to boot. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment