Monday, May 7, 2012

Newegg question - What is RMA Repair?

my mobo and graphics card was DOA, so i got an RMA from newegg. It says in the email what time of RMA i got and it says RMA repair.



What the hell? I don't want them to repair my DOA products, i want a brand new one just like any other customer.



So my question is, is RMA repair a type of RMA where they actually "repair" your product? Or do they actually hand you a brand new sealed product?



I spent 800 bucks total for mobo and video card, and I demand a brand new sealed product!|||I am sure they would replace with a new unit.



They return to the manufacturer and get a full credit on it, plus you have a certain number of years warranty on the unit, which the manufacturer covers, not the dealer.|||if under warranty usually they don't repair it, just replace with a brandnew one. and sometimes it doesn't mean what you will get is a sealed product but still brandnew.



Just like my apc back-ups. they replaced it with a brandnew one but opened. I know it's brandnew since manufacture date is only last june.

No comments:

Post a Comment