Friday, April 27, 2012

Buying a new desktop, what should I get?

I am in the market for a new computer. The thing is that I really don't know much about computers so I don't know which ones are good. I need something that can handle big programs like Autodesk Max, Maya, and Photoshop possibly running at the same time. Lots of RAM and a bad *** video card. Also I need something reliable because I'm a student and can't be waste a lot money on repairs. Any suggestions?|||Ah yes what u need is a powerful yet low cost quad core system and your applications aren't GPU dependent so a motherboard with the current best integrated graphics would suffice :P

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q205/…|||Try to buy Intel P45 Chipset board ASUS P5Q-E

it supports 16GB 1200 FSB RAM, Core 2 Extreme Processor and it has ATi CrossfireX Technology Graphics, ASUS 6 EPU and more......



Here is the Link|||I'm just stating as a person that has had both Windows XP and Vista, go with a computer that has Windows XP if possible. Vista had frustrated my whole family when I got my new computer. It wouldn't recognize programs unless the programs were Vista's. It also would reload every program if the programs were uninstalled. I finally broke down and took it to my local computer store and paid someone to help me with it. I wish I had went ahead and spent the extra money and got like a MAC computer.|||seriously, go to newegg.com, and build your own. its much much cheaper. my friend has a dell XPS, and i built my own system....... i spent almost $700 less than he did, and mine will take anything i throw at it no problem. STAY AWAY FROM AMD PROCESSORS!!!!! THEY REALLY SUCK!!!



Processor: i7 920

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard



Memory:G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channe



HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive



Graphics Card: EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16



CD and Heatsink etc. are up to you. this is just a suggestion. last you waaaaaaay longer than any retail computer. believe me.|||I like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… It comes with a quad core processor by AMD, 4 gigabytes of RAM, excellent video card and huge 500 gigabyte hard drive. The processor is brand new design as it was released this January.



Here is another one with an INTEL processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



This is the best one but a bit more expensive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



and a Benchmark comparing the power of the components http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phen…|||4gbs ddr800 ram

4870x2 sli

quad core q9650 3.0ghz

1terabyte hard drive



should handle all your needs :) once you add a case and a good mobo plus a powersupply and an optical drive. should be probs around 1,200 dollars. you can get all the parts in and pay a computer guy 25 dollars to put them together for you. that pc will be amazing for the next 5 years. and its way better than the ibuypower crap that the other guy listed

No comments:

Post a Comment