Friday, April 27, 2012

My computer keeps freezing at startup please help!!!!?

I bought a Windows 98 SE because my parents are very cheap(we don't even use name brand toilet paper). About a month after I bought it it began to freeze whenever I start it up. It would just show the windows 98 logo and stop working. Also something strange happens. Whenever I start my computer and it loads up normally it would show the login menu, but when it freezes and I type in my password and hit enter it plays my login song (samus appearence from metroid prime) its just plain weird. I thought it might be the video cards fault, when I took a look at it it said it was made in 1998 so it might be dead. But I can't tell until august tenth since thats when I get paid and will be able to by a new card. If you think its something else please tell me money is tight around here and dial up is punishment alone plus tell me a cost effective repair. Also if your wondering how I got this question here I'm using my parents computer (the one we got in my grandmothers will).|||98 allows you to booot line by line. I would boot up the computer and run it line byh line. If it hangs when it gets to video driver then you would be correct.|||It's going to very hard to troubleshoot your Win98 machine. It's so old that Microsoft is not supporting it. My advice is to upgrade to at least Win 2000 especially if you are buying a sound card.

No comments:

Post a Comment