Friday, April 27, 2012

What happens if your video card dies?

I was running a lot of applications at the same time on my laptop and suddenly the screen turned all purple. I turned it off and when I restarted it "startup repair" turned on and it said that there was a problem that could not be fixed automatically :(



Do you think that this is because of a virus or my video card had died (usually it overheats like a ***** and it was pretty hot when it happened)?



I am well protected - I don't go into "risky" websites and I have Malwarebytes and McAfee (full scan at least once a week)



I'd appreciate any opinions on the matter, thank you all in advance :)|||sounds like your video card got to hot, to bad you have a laptop and cant replace it



try hooking up an external monitor, maybe thats the problem and video cards can absolutely still show some picture and still be considered dead....ever heard of the oven trick with video cards or seen a computer with only half the screen displaying?|||Video cards don't typically "Die" I'm guessing its a virus (The average PC gets a virus within 5 minutes of Internet connection, don't expect AV to make you even close to secure)



This it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Scre…

No comments:

Post a Comment