Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video card/RAM problems Help!?

Ok I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I am on a Dell Inspiron 530. I just recently upgraded my stock video card (Raedon HD 2400) to an Nvidia Geforce GT 220. I got all the drivers and everything and works perfectly....sort of. The only way my computer boots up is if I take one 512 mb RAM stick out. That leaves 2 1gb and 1 512mb left in it. If I put the forth one in, on start up I get a Blue screen of Death and it says: Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed. I really would like to use all of my RAM I have available. Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.4GHz

Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0RY007

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31

Memory: (Either 2560mb or if I add the one 3072mb)

Channels #: Dual

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220(1024Mbytes)

Direct X: 11

I have a new Corsair 600w power source

I did not buy new RAM I have the original RAM in it. They are all tested and working same with ports on Motherboard.

Also whenever I do system repair nothing comes up in need of repair.|||Memtest will check your ram to see if it is failing or the memory slot is failing.

Good luck|||my guess (usually accurate) is that the motherboard isnt able to cope with that much ram in it... but it should at least start up, check that all cords are in properly, if they are, then ur better off taking it to someone to repair it. It could be a faulty motherboard

No comments:

Post a Comment