Thursday, April 26, 2012

Laptop video card compatibility?

My laptop screen is cracked beyond repair. And now my vga prt that i was using to connect to my external monitor has broken. I've seen a technician and they told me that its broken due to wear and tear. Anyway, i've been using an old xp laptop for a few months now. I've just realised that the vga port is attached to the video card in the laptop! So all I need is a new video card. Are all video cards universal? Like is it "One size fits all" sort of thing? I was looking to remove the video card from the toshiba XP laptop into my xp e system laptop. Will this work? Or do they have to be the same video cards? One thing i dont want is to install software etc, i cant as i cant see the laptop screen to do it. Thats why i need an external monitor.|||Time to get off the dreamland express! Your laptop graphics are integrated on the motherboard. You would have to replace the entire board. Furthermore, It seems to me that you arent very handy with delicate tools like laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment