Friday, April 27, 2012

Is there a video card for a computer that has this kind of port?

I need to know if there is a video card with a connection to a white expansion port, instead of the stranded video port. The computer does not have a contact place to put a regular video port.



A friends computer messed up, so she asked me to look at it. The monitor does not show anything, not even the logo when it starts. I tried it on 3 different monitors. One of them does not even show a connection with the tower. It shows that it is not receiving any input, as if it as not even connected to the tower.



The trouble started when she installed a maintenance program, so we think that the program deleted the drivers for any kind of monitor.

I can still access the drive when I hook it up to my computer, as a slave drive, so the drive is good.

I can get the reinstall disk if needed, but since I can not see anything, I would not know what was happening.



Taking it to the repair place, or her getting a new computer, is not an option. I am open to ANY other ideas as well.|||Yes, because the color of a video port is perfectly descriptive. There are numerous "standard" video interfaces out there. VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc. If you're talking about an expansion slot, then it could still be a PCI, AGP, or PCIe slot. Color tells us jack squat.



But that's irrelevant anyway, because if you aren't getting video on the monitor at all, then the problem is NOT the drivers. The computer is likely shot. The drivers on the hard drive have absolutely nothing to do with the BIOS splash screen. If you don't get that, then the computer isn't functioning properly on the hardware level, period. Time to start swapping RAM around and hope that's the problem. If not, you have some further troubleshooting to do and might just need a new motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment