Friday, May 4, 2012

Why is Streaming Video still a little choppy?

I have a Compaq Presario with a 2.4GHz Intel P4 processor and 1.5GB RAM.

Because I am a pretty heavy gamer, I had to upgraded the Video Card.

I upgraded the Video Card to an Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (512MB) and for the

sake of better viewing... I bought an Acer X223W 22" Flat Screen monitor.



Before the upgrades, I could NOT play games like Resident Evil 5 and some other

newer games but when I watched video online (like from Hulu) it was always ok

on the built in video.

This also happens on several other video sites like Fancast, Free Videos Online,

and some others. I have been watching these sites almost every day for about 4

months.



After the upgrades, I can play games like RE5, COD Airborne, and some other

high end games but now, video streaming from on-line is a little choppy.

DVD Movies play Perfect and crystal clear and all the games I run are

very smooth (unless something runs in the background, like an update,

then I can tell when it happens).



What is going on here? I thought the upgrade from 64MB video to 512MB Video

and from 512MB RAM to 1.5GB RAM would improve the video streaming but it

apparently has gotten slightly worse.



I have DSL and with 2 computers, I am using a Netgear Router.



I can tell the router has nothing to do with it because if I plug in my old monitor

to the built in video, it plays seamlessly and when I put the flat screen on the

old video, it too is fine...



My bandwidth (according to Speedtest) is at 2.88Mbps Down and 0.58Mbps Up.



Why is the newer, higher RAM card showing videos a bit choppy???



Although I do computer repairs... this one is beyond my understanding.



Also, I have run virus and spyware scanners with no results found (because

I run them on a regular basis).

I have also ran 2 registry cleaners I have used for years... they help to speed

up the system but still haven't touched the video streaming.



Thanks in advance.

.|||There are many possibilities for choppy playback, the two most common being the server that is hosting the videos is getting congested, or it is really not that good to begin with. The other possibility is the video card driver, make sure that you have the most recent and up to date version of the driver, if that does not solve the problem then try and go into the video card settings and revert to the last used driver. I hope that this helps.|||Hi,, I am not sure whether I will be able help u out 100 % bc this Line of yr is confusing i.e

"""I can tell the router has nothing to do with it because if I plug in my old monitor

to the built in video, it plays seamlessly and when I put the flat screen on the

old video, it too is fine...""" Is it with old Rams on board or the new ones??????

Bottom Line is that there is compatibility prob you are Facing I am sure,,,yr new RAM is nt 100% compatible with Motherboard. You need to chk bus speed of the old RAM that you were using,Is it same with the new one or higher,,better to get the same bus speed so that the board can be compatible.. May be this might nt be the Solution,,no harm in checking it out..

regards|||You have 3.0Mbs DSL most likely. I have 10Mbs DSL and sometimes (rarely) I still get choppy videos. A server that is streaming videos may have several other users streaming the exact same file which will cause some lag.



Because of the bandwith required for some videos you DSL is most likely the culprit. But at todays memory prices update your system ram first, that might help.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment