Friday, May 4, 2012

Where to find capacitors for PC video card?

More specifically I am looking for a 470uF 16V cap and 2 1500uF 6.3V caps to replace. EVGA said that the video card is broken but I'm pretty sure nothing is broken unless anything on the board is fried (caps not included). So out of their ignorant response, I would like to repair my rather expensive card in attempt to refurbish its value rather than follow their procedure of trashing a perfectly good card in attempt for me to purchase another. Does anyone know a specific place to find these two capacitors?|||That cap your are talking about was made specifically for the production run of that particular video card|||If you are in the UK you could try Maplin or a small independent electronics store (if there are any left nowadays).



If you have no luck there there is a guy in the USA who sells individual capacitors for repairing motherboards (he also does repairs and has tutorials for motherboards, most of the info should transfer to your project) He does ship internationaly and has no minimum order, link is below.|||Radio shack google is your friend



http://www.google.com/search?q=470uF+16V…



http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=…|||"470uF 16V"

"1500uF 6.3V"|||at the fun park|||Try www.newark.com



I've always found what I was looking for there and they accept small orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment