Friday, May 4, 2012

PC Game Freezing ??

I just had a new video card installed - it's a nVidia GeForce 7600 GS, 512 MB, AGP 8X - and I'm continuing to have problems with The Sims 2. I don't have any problems with anything else (like internet, normal computer use, etc.) and don't use any other games. I used to be able to play fine until it went in for repair about a year ago, and when I got it back, I was unable to play the same exact game I had been.



Since it's not the video card, what could the problem be??|||Try reinstalling the game, getting a patch, installing the video card's driver with updates, things like that. It looks to be a video/memory issue. Email me at support@carbonfrost.com in case those tips don't work.





Carbonfrost Systems: Free Email Support To All



http://www.carbonfrost.com/|||Needs more ram|||i believe it's the power supply. it happened to me before. upgraded the driver, bios, rams, patch...but nothing works. later i add another psu and it had not crash ever since. even unlock the pipelines of the card. really your card need more power.|||Let me see if I understand:

1- Problem started about a year ago

2- You recently installed a new video card in hopes to fix the problem

3- Problem persists.

Did I get it right?

------------------------



EDIT: just read your fist question. If monitor shows 'no signal', that doesn't mean the game 'froze', and that's a totally different issue. In fact, the video card you had before might have been more than OK, but with bad drivers.



What I'm trying to say, is that the resolution you played the game at, is either not supported by the drivers of the video card, or the monitor can't process the output, so the monitor just turned off.



So, did you get a new monitor about the time this started happening?

Did you update all drivers after you took it to repair?

Also, make sure the refresh rate is not more than 60Hz|||I'm guessing it's the drivers. Sims 2 and geforce cards don't get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment