Friday, May 4, 2012

Where to go to learn how to build/repair computers?

I would like to know where a good place to start so I can have the confidence to build and repair my own computer and even help out my family and friends! I am pretty much a noob tinker to computers and I end up causing more harm than help :(

I have two broken computers with some of their parts like video card/ psu and stuff. I could use these to start practicing. So any tips would be much appreciated :D|||Newegg has a series that will teach you the ins and outs of computer hardware.



Part 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGG…



Part 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-…



Part 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaVBsXEi…|||The others are correct, I just wanted to ad that you can do it like most others. Just start with yours. Start upgrading it. If you make a mistake, that's good. You will learn from it. Try to make the 2 computers work again, if you need to use one for parts that's ok. Remember when you have a question about something always research it on google. I have only had one problem that could not be found with google. With enough digging and trial and error you will figure it out, and you have learned something that no teacher or course could have taught you.

It will take a long time but if you want to learn, computers are easy. Also always keep an eye out for old and broken computers. I have 4 that where given to me because windows did not work or there was an easy fix, power supple, dead hdd etc.... Now they all serve a different purpose, home server, htpc, etc...

So just keep tearing into something, and googling it.|||I think a local computer repair store might be generous enough to teach you. You can also use the many guides floating around the internet, and if not, well, you can always try a school. I learned how to build computers simply by learning the general information about hardware. Really nothing to be stressed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment