Friday, May 4, 2012

What are the parallel lines shown in my monitor screen?

I have NVIDIA 5500 Video Card Installed.....



So 1 day, I was surprised of blue parallel lines in my monitor screen.......



So I decided to connect the monitor to the other video card port....the pre-installed one......very basic graphics....32MB.........



And then It worked (without parallel lines).....



But the gaming performance changed......little slower and non responsive graphics ....everything just went slow......Anyway, I already know that........



So what should I do? Replace or Repair the video card? Or CPU will repair?



By the way I already found a replacement of my video card....

Latest than old NVIDIA 5500



it is....NVIDIA 7600!!! AGP8x just like 5500.....|||Sometimes just removing the card and re-installing it will clean the contacts and solve the problem, sometimes it's just a matter of installing new drivers, sometimes the card goes bad. If the first two don't solve the problem, the card is probably failing. When you connected your monitor to the output port on your systems I/O panel you were connecting to your systems integrated (on board) graphics processor, which is inferior to your dedicated graphics card, that's what caused the decrease in gaming performance. I would go with using the 7600 (GS?,GT?), it's a better card, it supports DirectX 9.0c and shader model 3.0, which the 5500 doesn't, and will allow you to play a wider assortment of games.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?…|||A shop might be able to repair it, but it will probably cost more than buying another card so, unless you know someone who can repair the card cheaply, replace it.





A new one with 512k RAM is available here, and the price includes free shipping



http://cgi.ebay.com/New-512MB-nVidia-DVI…

No comments:

Post a Comment