Friday, May 4, 2012

The fan on my video card is loud?

I'm using an NVidea GeForce 8500 GT and the fan is about 3 times louder than it should be when I start up my computer. The sound fades out a little after a while, but it's still fairly loud.



Before I go in and possibly screw things up, I'm wondering if this could be caused by something physical (e.g. something small in the fan like a strand of hair) or if it's something more that would require difficult repair, making the easiest option to just buy a new video card (I could use a new one anyway)|||It may be full of dust. Unplug the computer (that makes sure you do not accidentally turn it on) and open the case. Take compressed air and blow out all the dust around the video fan and the CPU fan. You can also blow the dust out of the psu. |||Get a can of compressed air and spray the fan out.|||you can check to make sure the fan is clean of debris, but you can also change the speed.



Try downloading Riva Tuner- http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php… and use it to set your fan speed (if you don't have the nVidia control panel installed that is)

No comments:

Post a Comment