Friday, May 4, 2012

Video card artifacting ?

The past few days my computer has been artifacting on start up (before any drivers + windows have loaded) and when it does this i can't load into windows, the screen will just go black on the log-in screen. The only way I've gotten around this is by CD booting my windows up and running the repair tool (which system restores my cpu, not that it helps but atleast when it restarts I can get into windows). When I get Into windows a few times my cpu has just gone all pink/green pixels and then crashed and I am back to square one, other times it's fine. I am not sure all of a sudden why it's doing this, I haven't installed anything recently. - I've had my cpu for about 2years (nvidia 8600gt) - For the past 6months It's sometimes done this before and I just pulled my card out a few times and put it back in and it's been fine, I've tried that this time and It's had no effect. - Does this mean my card is going to need replacing or is there a way around this? Thanks in advance|||You might try updating the drivers for it, but it sounds like the card is bad and/or overheating. If your motherboard has on board (integrated) graphics, see what happens with the card removed or disabled, you'll need to connect your monitor to the I/O panel on the rear of your system if you try that. Also cpu isn't short speak for computer, CPU stands for Central Processing Unit or processor for short.

No comments:

Post a Comment