Friday, May 4, 2012

How much should I charge for computer repair/service?

I fix computers out of my home. I work on desktops and laptops, PC's only. I am 16 years old and I've replaced LCD monitors and motherboards in laptops. I've replaced CPU's and video cards. I've done pretty much everything and would refer to myself as extremely computer literate.



I did some shopping around my area and found out that the computer shops around here charge about 50 dollars an hour for their services. I figured that 30 an hour would be a decent cost. What do you think?|||Be safe the shops charge that but are liable in court from any paranoiacs customer, start by charging a check fee of $10.00 so you can diagnostic the machine and figure that parts and time it will take you to fix, then you can tell the customer what it will be the cost, that way you not loose you time, and always be honest, word of mouth still is the best advertisement and keep you self doing you good work and learning you can get you license online or trough books.

No comments:

Post a Comment