Thursday, April 26, 2012

How much to charge for laptop computer repair?

I have to do all this on 7 laptops that the guy is shipping to my house and I am unsure as to how much to charge him. Any prompt advice and answers is greatly appreciated!



1 Format Hard Drive

2 Install Win Xp with Service Pack 2

3 Install Microsoft Office Package

4 AVG Virus Software

5 Adobe Acrobat Reader

6 diagnose Hardware. Hard drive, video card, processor|||$150 per unit|||I would say around $115 for it all.|||It'll take you quite a few hours to do that. Usually about 30 minutes to and hour on operating system install alone. I think $100 per laptop would be very generous, probably cheaper than most computer repair shops.

One computer repair shop locally (for where I am) charges $65.

http://www.escapecomputers.net/

That's their site.

Your two biggest time consumers will be the two installs, with possibly the diagnostic work being up there as well, depending on what is wrong with them.

But the best thing I can say is try to find what computer shops in your area charge for all that, and work from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment